1967 Morris Minor 1000 Convertible Old English White (Cream) with Red Convertible Roof
The Morris Minor (or Moggy) was designed in by Alexander (Alec) Issigonis and was introduced in 1948 at the Earls Court Motor Show.
More than 1.3 million Morris Minors were produced between 1948 and 1972. Initially only two models were available, a 2-door saloon and a convertible, known as a ‘Tourer’. The Minor was a relatively roomy car with excellent handling and cornering and within the means of the working man.
This British Icon, which was almost as popular as the Morris and Austin Mini, was manufactured in three versions, the original MM 2 door car from 1948 until 1953, a 2-door convertible and then from 1950 it was produced as a 4-door saloon.
Before the car lauched in 1948. Issigonis decided he was unhappy with the Morris Minor and that it looked ‘too narrow’. He cut a car in half from front to back, and made the car 4 inches wider, the ‘fillet strip’ feature was added to the centre which remained part of the bonnet until production ended in 1972.